Painting Preparation by Painters Milwaukee & Madison
- Protecting carpeting, tile and hardwood floors with drop cloths, plastic or builder paper.
- Moving furniture to the center of the room and covering it with plastic.
- Removing and reinstalling switch plates and outlet covers.
- Removing and reinstalling window shades and blinds (but not curtains).
- Using primer to seal any ceiling or wall stains
- Filling all nail holes and small cracks
- Caulking all cracks along doorjambs, baseboards and ceiling crowns.
- Scuffing, sanding and cleaning all wood prior to painting it.
- Performing any and all repairs mentioned on the estimate.
- Brick and Stucco Painting
- Sheetrock Repair
Our professional painters Milwaukee & Madison have total respect for your belongings. That is why all of your furniture is covered before we begin painting. In addition, we will move the furniture to the center of the room so you don’t have to. To ensure every inch of the room is thoroughly painted, our painters Milwaukee & Madison remove then reinstall the switch plates and outlet covers of the room we are working in. We also remove and reinstall window shades and blinds. We do ask that you handle the curtains and any fragile belongings to avoid any damage.
To aid the paint in longevity, we use primer on any walls or ceilings that we paint. Long lasting paint is going to save you money when you can prolong any future paint jobs. Primer also covers stains that would otherwise seep through paint. If you have a creative child that likes to write on the wall, the crayon would be visible if we only used paint; primer will prevent that from happening. Primer also allows us to paint on just about any surface because the primer will stick to that surface and the paint will stick to the primer. When your painter Milwaukee or Madison uses primer it simply improve the overall performance of the paint. All truly professional painters Milwaukee & Madison use primer.
Holes & Cracks
As you may expect, we also fill nail holes and small cracks. With this service and the caulking of baseboards, cracks along doorjambs, and ceiling crowns the completed project will look amazing. We also take care of any scuffs, sanding, and cleaning of the wood prior to painting any wood.
If you need us to paint brick or paint stucco, we can complete that service as well. Sheetrock repair is another service we offer. If you are not sure if it is a service we perform just ask! We are happy to answer any questions for you.
Once all of our prep is done, we are ready to move onto painting!